BBQ Apricot Wings
It's that time of year and football is back! There is no better way of celebrating football than having some good ole BBQ Wings.
For this recipe though, we're going to be doing something a little bit different and using Kodiak Cakes corn mix and Kodiak Cakes Apricot Syrup to make BBQ Apricot Wings.
I know, syrup + wings don't sound like a great combination. However, this recipe doesn't make them come out sweet at all, and if anything gives a little bit of tang to it.
As well, the Kodiak Cakes Corn Mix adds a bit more protein and fiber then you would normally find in flour. With 8 grams of protein per serving and 2 grams of fiber per serving. (1/4 cup is serving and this recipe calls for 1/2 cup so 16g of protein and 4g of fiber)
The ingredients for this recipe is fairly straight forward for the most part:
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cake Cornbread mix (can replace with 1/2 cup of flour making it 1 whole cup of flour)
- 1/2 cup of Flour
- 1tsp of pepper
- 1tsp of salt
- 1tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of bbq sauce
- 1tbs of hot sauce
- 1tbs of Kodiak Cakes Apricot Syrup (or more if you want)
- Preheat oven (425) or air fryer (390)
- Mix flour, Kodiak Cake Cornbread mix, and other spices together in a bowl
- Dry wings with a paper towel
- Coat wings in spice/flour mix and remove any excess flour by shaking off
- Once the oven or air fryer is preheated, place wings in
- Then mix BBQ Sauce, hot sauce, and Kodiak Cakes Apricot Syrup in a separate bowl
- Let wings cook for 25 min (oven) or 15 (air fryer) or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- Now, take wings out
- Coat wings in mixed sauce
- OPTIONAL You can place wings back in the oven or air fryer for a couple more minutes
- Take them out and enjoy!
You're all set to have your BBQ Apricot Wings just in time for football season!
If you want more recipes look no further.